Interview Questions and Answers for Merchant Navy
In this article I have covered most asked Interview questions and Answers for Merchant Navy. Many of you must be enrolled for their interviews and wondering how to prepare, what questions can be asked by the interviewers… do not worry let me help you, by the end of this article your doubts will be cleared. In the end you will get some useful tips that every candidate must prepare for an interview.
Without wasting your time lets jump to the Interview questions and answers for Merchant Navy
General Interview Questions for Merchant Navy
- Tell me about yourself?
- Tell me about your family?
- Why Merchant Navy and Why us?
- Do you have anyone from your family in Merchant Navy?
- What are your hobbies?
Study Based Interview Questions and Answers for Merchant Navy
Q1. What is Bernoulli’s principle?
Ans. It states that as the speed of the moving fluid increases, the pressure within the fluid decreases. It is the sum of pressure, Kinetic energy and gravitational potential energy.
P+1/2 ρv2+ρgh = constant
Q2. Newton’s Laws of Motion?
Ans. 1) Every object in a state of rest or uniform motion will remain in that state of rest or motion until unless an external force acts upon it.
2) Relation between an object’s mass (m), its acceleration (a) and force is F=m*a
3) For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Q3. what is law of gravitation?
Ans. Every object in the universe attracts every other object with a force directed along the line of centres for the two objects that is proportional to the products of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the separation between the two objects.
Fg=Gm1m2 / r2
Q4. Kepler’s Laws?
Ans. 1) All planets revolve about the sun in elliptical orbit with sun at one of the foci.
2) A line from planet to sun sweeps out equal areas in equal time.
3) Planets closer to sun have greater angular velocity.
Q5. Archimedes Principle?
Ans. It states that the buoyant force (Upward force) acting on a body, Partially or totally immerses in a fluid, is equal to the weight of fluid displaced by the body.
Q6. Difference between Alternating Current and Direct Current?
Ans. Alternating Current:
- Flow of charge changes the direction periodically because of this voltage level also reverse along with the current.
- AC current is safe for long distances.
- Obtained from the AC generator and mains.
- It do not oscillate back and forth, DC provides a constant current or voltage.
- DC current can not be used for long distances.
- Obtained from cell or battery.
Q7. What is Pascal’s Law?
Ans. If an external static pressure applied on a confined liquid or gas, the pressure will be distributed evenly throughout the liquid or gas in every direction.
Q8. Laws of Thermodynamics?
Ans. 1) It states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another.
2) It states that the entropy of any system always increases. Isolated system spontaneously evolve towards thermal equilibrium (maximum entropy).
3) It states that the ability to create an absolute temperature scale, for which absolute zero is the point at which the internal energy of a solid is precisely 0.
Q9. Kinematic equations?
- s = u + 1/2 * at2
- v = u + at
- v2 = u2 + 2as
- s = u+v/2 * t
Q10. When birds do not get electrocuted sitting on a electrical wire?
Ans. For a current to pass circuit should be completed but when a bird sit on the electrical wire she do not complete it but on the other hand if the bird touches another wire around her then bird will be roasted. Current flows through shortest route, A bird is not an good conductor.
Q11. What is Ohm’s law?
Ans. It states that electric current is proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance at constant temperature.
Q12. why gravity is more in poles to equator?
Ans. The centrifugal force cancels out the gravity minimally, more so at the equator than at the poles and Earth isn’t an exact sphere, it is slightly flat from the poles, so the distance form centre of Earth to the poles is less than equator.
Q13. Difference between g and G?
Ans. g: Is acceleration due to gravity, Varies from one place to another, Unit- ms-2.
G: Universal constant of Gravitation, Same at everywhere, Unit- Nm2kg-2.
Q1. What is Charles’ Law?
Ans. It states that the volume of a gas is directly proportional to the temperature at a constant amount of gas and pressure.
Q2. What is Boyle’s Law?
Ans. It states that the pressure of a gas is inversely proportional to the volume at a constant amount of gas and temperature.
Q3. What is Avogadro’s Law?
Ans. It states that the volume of gas is directly proportional to the amount of gas at a constant temperature and pressure.
Q4. What is Gay Lussac’s Law?
Ans. It states that the pressure of a given amount of gas is directly proportional to the Kelvin temperature at constant volume.
Q5. Formula of Chemical Compounds?
Ans. Like Sodium Chloride- NaCl, Ammonium- NH4+ , Sulphuric Acid- H2SO4 etc.
Q6. Different modes of heat transfer?
Ans. Conduction: The heat transfer takes place by direct contact. It happens due to difference in temperature.
Convection: The heat transfer takes place within the fluid. It happens due to the difference in density.
Radiation: The heat transfer occurs through electromagnetic waves without involving particles.
Q7. What is boiling point?
Ans. The boiling point of a liquid is the temperature at which its vapour pressure is equal to the pressure of the gas above it.
- Basic Trigonometric questions.
- Height and Distance questions.
- Mensuration formulas.
- Binomial theorem questions.
- Quadratic equation questions.
- Interviewer may ask to find volume of that room for which you should have a basic idea about how much a meter is and by simply applying L*B*H you will get that.
General Knowledge questions
- Capital and States of India and other countries specially European.
- President/ Prime Minister/ CM of so and so states or Country.
- Difference between Ocean and Sea (Ocean is a vast water body which is not covered by land while Sea is a smaller part of ocean which is covered by land masses).
- Number of continents, largest and smallest.
- Currency of different countries.
- Why does leap year occur in February after 4 years (Earth revolves around the sun in 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes and 47 seconds but what we do is consider only 365 days a year and combine the rest of the hours, minutes and seconds every four year to make 1 full day which is added in February as 29 after every four years).
- Why do star twinkles (It is due to the effect on light when it enters the atmosphere by wind, temperature, densities. That is why star twinkles. Stars are very far from earth so it has to go through different layers of atmosphere hence more atmospheric refraction which results in twinkling of stars).
For Company Specific Interview Questions and Answers Download Our Free PDF
Tips for Interview
- Make sure you have a nice attire like pants, shirt, tie and formal shoes.
- Properly groomed.
- Be confident, when you answer any question.
- Do not give non-verbal messages like doing something with your hand or face.
- DO NOT LIE, it is the key to the success it will help even when you are onboard the ship.
- Do not bluff, if you do not know the answer, say I do not know sir/mam with confident.
- Make sure you know about yourself, your family, your likes and dislikes, the place where you live in.
- Make sure you go through all the questions above, these are the questions which are asked in interviews.
- Clear your 10th and 12th concept, sometimes they ask questions from 8th or 9th standard also just to check weather your concepts are clear or not.
- Show respect to the interviewers, like knock the room before entering, do not sit before they ask to and do not hesitate to shake hands when they are the one approaching.
- Conversation skills, your English should be good I’m not saying eloquent but make sure you do not do grammatical mistakes.
- Keep a good eye contact with the interviewers.
- Have a thorough idea about their company. They like it if you know about them like how many ships they have, How their flag looks like, how old is their company, etc (happened with me, I managed to give a nice answer and they were impressed).
- How to join Merchant Navy after 12th?
- Top 5 Colleges for Merchant Navy in India
- Life of a Deck Cadet onboard ship
- Life of a Girl Cadet in training Institutes
All the best for your Interview guys. Let us know when you clear your interview in our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter handle or comment below. For further assistant Subscribe to our any channel we will be happy to help you. Do not forget to share with your friends who are also preparing for Merchant Navy.